Thursday, October 27, 2011

ADPi or Die

Hey y'all!

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. The past 4 days have entailed an essay, cramming for an exam, and most importantly, my initiation into Alpha Delta Pi, which is the topic of today's post!


I came into college knowing that I wanted to join a sorority. I have always wanted to have a big group of girlfriends that I knew I could go to and spill my heart out to, snuggle and watch a good movie with, or go out and have a good time with. Yes, this is achievable without joining a sorority, but you aren't also contributing to a good cause!

I have always heard amazing things about ADPi. My friend Lindsay is in this sorority at Greensboro and I always saw the cute pictures with the diamonds signs. I've also always heard that these girls maintain a high level of class. When I rushed, I remember texting my friend saying I was about to head into ADPi and that my heart was beating so fast and my palms were getting sweaty. I was always excited to return to their house every night of rush. On pref night, when I talked to our president, Christina, she made my choice obvious.

Since then, I have fallen in love with the house, the food, and most importantly, the girls. Pledge retreat was one of the best weekends of my life, and I care about every single one of my pledge sisters. I love this sorority because every girl is genuinely nice, is always there for me, and knows how to have a good time. They are all so beautiful on the inside and outside.

I can't fail to mention my amazing Big, Julie! She is one of the classiest, sweetest, most put together people I have ever met in my life. Without fail, she can always brighten your day! She has the cutest freaking clothes/jewelry I've ever seen and one day I'm gonna steal her closet. I feel so lucky to have her as my Big and when people tell me that we're exactly alike, I couldn't think of a sweeter compliment. I can't wait to become even closer with her these next few years. I hope she'll forgive me for never being free lately for coffee breaks or Big/Little dates :(

These girls are becoming my best friends! When I officially became a member on Wednesday night, it made the entire process of rush entirely worth it. It makes me so happy that I convinced my mom to let me rush.

If any of you reading this are in high school, or even already in college, and you think sorority life would be fun, RUSH! Don't listen to stereotypes such as "all you do is party" or "it's too expensive" or "everyone is fake" or "greek people are stereotyped." First of all, I can tell you that the first 3 were worries of mine, and they are not realities at all.

 I spend my life in the undergraduate library! In fact, last night I spent 6 hours doing homework with one of my sorority sisters. It's you that decides how much you party, not your sorority. Expenses were my family's biggest worry. Fortunately, the girls really help you space out payments and send you reminders about EVERYTHING! There is no need to worry about money. Lastly, there will always be a few people in sororities that have split personalities or rub you the wrong way, but there are 100 other girls to talk to! They chose you to join their sorority because you get along with them and represent what they want in an ADPi pledge!!! And finally, the last myth may or may not be true, but who cares?!?! People should judge you on your character not whether you are in greek life or not. Do whatever makes you happy!

I just want to give a shout out to all my ADPi sisters for being such sweet, genuine, and SMART girls! I really do love you all and I'm so happy I am a part of your family :)

Alpha Delta Pi all day,
-Alexa Dorian

Some of my favorite pictures :)


The beautiful Christina! Forever grateful that she prefed me

My sweet girls Sabrina, Haley, Dree, and Anna!

First mixer!

Pledge retreat!

Love these girls so much!

I love Hailey and Kailey so much!!!!

Me and some of the girls at Mallard Ball :)

My babies!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment